Sunday, August 10, 2008

World Gyoza Eating Championships 2008

Hey guys/gals, this is my first post. Let me start off by introducing myself. My name is Mitsu Murayama fighting outta Irvine, CA. This is me


As you can see, I am a pretty damn good looking gentleman. I am currently entered in World Gyoza Eating Championship taking place in Little Tokyo(Downtown Los Angeles) on August 23, 2008 as part of Nisei Week Celebrations. This is an IFOCE(International Federation Of Competitive Eating) sanctioned event. IFOCE oversees MLE(Major League Eating), which many of you are familiar with 4th of July Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest. I am expecting to go up against the best, which may or may not include Joey Chestnut, Takeru Kobayashi, Sonya Thomas, etc.


From L to R: Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi, Joey "Jaws" Chestnut, Sonya "Black Widow" Thomas

The standards are very low for me and I cannot be counted on to finish anywhere close to these legends. You gotta have more respect than that. So what is my motive for risking death(I do have high blood pressure) to have my ass handed to me? That's a million-dollar question I hope to find an answer to at conclusion of this ridiculous journey. However, purpose of this blog is clear: to chronicle my training and perhaps get a book deal. It might turn into a tragic comedy or a tear-jerker for inspiring others to pursue a dream no matter how stupid the dream is. This life of unknown is intriguing, isn't it?

No comments: