Thursday, August 14, 2008

Obon Festival



My parents called to inform me that today is start of 3-day Obon Festival, which is a Japanese tradition to honor the spirit of deceased ancestors. R.I.P. Grandma! I know you'll be at competition to make sure I won't choke to death. Now that I got my shout-out to her, it's time to get back to the training table. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told that Ohagi is to be eaten and served on ancestors' graves during Obon. Ohagi is a treat made of sweet rice and sweet azuki (red bean) paste made by soaking sweet rice for several hours. Some got sesame seeds and flour on the outside. I'm not a expert on this at all. Forgive me, I haven't lived in Japan for over 20 years. So what does all this have to do with my training? Nothing... I just started the night by eating few of these. This is Ohagi... say Hi....

Doesn't look appetizing, does it? But it's actually not bad.


Well, it's almost time for some shut-eye... But before I go, I wanted to share one more thing.Ya'll must be wondering what I eat for lunch. Answer is it varies from day to day.I had footlong Subway Chicken Breast Sandwich today. I can't help it but notice the girl that works there reminds me of Moai Stone.

These are Moai Stones in Polynesia



But here is what I packed for tomorrow.
Armed N' Ready
27 pieces of gyoza! I can imagine sweating
gyoza juice out of my pores at 24 Hour Fitness.
Just keepin' my eyes on the prize, that's all...
Ladies, if you're working out at the gym
and it starts to smell like Dim Sum, I must be
just around the corner. Come say hi.



Remember: I am on MySpace.
I can be found @
http://www.myspace.com/9998659
Drop me a comment, question, or concern.
I'll get back to ya asap. Thanx for being a fan!

No comments: