Sunday, August 24, 2008

Experience of a lifetime

At the final tally, I ate 37 gyozas. Yes, I sucked, very hard. That places me somewhere around 11th out of 14 gurgitators. So I succeeded in not finishing last. Mission Accomplished! LOL Maybe it was the sun beating down on me where I was stationed, maybe it was pressure of the big crowd, maybe it was the presence of who's who in world of competitive eating. I don't know what it was, but I make no excuses. There are lots of eaters better than me. I might be better eater than half of these guys if it was an hour competition. Unfortunately, all MLE-sanctioned events are speed competitions.

I underestimated the gyoza. I thought of how small they were and thought it's going to be a piece of cake. As I found out during my training days, it'll gross you out with oily grease. I didn't suck because I got full, I sucked because I couldn't handle the grease anymore and didn't want to heave. As matter of fact, I had lunch with friends immediately after the contest. I wanted to eat good lunch, not gyoza stuffed down my throat.

As I watched the world record being set by Joey Chestnut, I couldn't help but be in awe and watch his disgusting chip-munking eating style. It was like if I was just an typical player on the same court watching Michael Jordan doing something special. Yes, Jordan was great, but the way Chestnut steamrolls through these tournaments remind me of what Tiger Woods does to PGA Tour. If he's not taking part, you can put an asterisk next to the winner. If he is participating, you're pretty much eating for second place unless Kobayashi is there.

My month of training made me a fatass. It's time to reverse the damage and be sexy again. I know I can contiunually get better at this, but my vanity is more important to me than this sport. I am a proud member of MLE. "I'm not the greatest, but definitely the proudest. " That's a quote taken from great late Yankees Manager Billy Martin. I can never say never, but this is just another chapter in my closed. I am relieved to tell you the truth. So this blog will be continued as way of tracking my road to chiseled, LL Cool J type of body. So be sure to check back in from time to time. I'm just making my life interesting for Hollywood's next big movie project, New York Times Best Seller, or Broadway Smash Hit.

I'm gonna leave you now with some pics from the competition:




Rich Lefevre, 64 years young

Miki Mia from 40-Year Old Virgin fame

With 2007 Nisei Court



Chestnut is Tiger of MLE





No comments: