Monday, August 11, 2008

Training Blues



I found out today that Gyoza that will be used in the contest will be O'Tasty's brand. I eat those anyways, so I'm in luck! I already have couple of bags stuffed in my freezer. I've been training for few weeks now without eating Gyoza too much. Don't wanna get sick of those before the competition, you know? My current time is 17 gyozas in first minute. Sustaining that time for the whole duration of 10 minutes will be quite a challenge. Joey Chestnut ate 212 gyozas in 2006. How the hell am I supposed to match that? So not to get discouraged by getting reminded of Chestnut's feat, I turned my attention to Carl's Jr. and Del Taco, which have been staple of my diet of late. Stretching stomach out is more complex than imaginable. Finding out very fast that you can actually get sick of food. Don't wanna eat, but sometimes you got to eat no matter how much you don't wanna. Being in food coma 7 days out of 7 days ain't no fun. I consider myself to be in fairly good physical shape, but training has added unsightly 30 pounds to my frame. Keep telling myself that once this is over, gym will be my daily ritual to bring sexy back. Should still go to the gym everyday to keep my apetite up, but it's hard to find motivation when you're eating like a horse upon leaving the gym. Maybe if I had someone like Mick, he can will me to an improbable upset he always seemed to accomplish with Rocky...

No comments: